Our God is a generous God:
32 God did not keep back his own Son, but he gave him for us. If God did this, won’t he freely give us everything else?Romans 8:32 (CEV)
Generosity means giving something away even when it hurts. That’s what Jesus did, and we should too!
This lesson is based on material from: http://www.pursuegodkids.org/generosity/ .
Listening to the Bible
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Name some generous people in your life. How were they generous and how did their generosity affect you?
- Share a time you feel like you were generous to someone. How do you know that you were generous?
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
- Why did Jesus praise the widow and not the rich people?
- Read Proverbs 11:24-25. Why are stingy people not happy in the end? Why do generous people feel refreshed?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
Helping it stick
Download this PowerPoint file and try answering the questions.