Zechariah 12-14: On that day
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from Zechariah in the Old Testament.
Listening to the Bible
Read: Zechariah 12-14
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What are some promises that Zechariah makes that Jesus keeps or fulfills? Have a look at these passages to help you:
- Zechariah 12:10a, John 19:33-37
- Zechariah 12:10b, Luke 23:48-49
- Zechariah 13:7, Matthew 26:31, 56, 75
- Zechariah says that the sheep will run away and abandon their shepherd (Zech 13:7). Have you ever felt like abandoning Jesus? Maybe you were feeling ashamed or embarrassed? Maybe you were afraid of your friends making fun of you? Maybe it was just too hard to follow him?
- In Zechariah 3:3-4 we are told that Joshua was given clean clothes and his sins were forgiven. And in Zechariah 3:9b we are told that God will remove the sin of this land in a single day. What hope does this give you for your sins?
- What’s the best thing you have learnt from the book of Zechariah?
Helping it Stick
Click on this link to take you to the Matching Pairs Puzzle: https://puzzel.org/en/matching-pairs/play?p=-MiYjTnXISURe_5N7VxE
Father God, thank you for every promise you make. Thank you that Jesus is the one you sent and he makes all your promises come true. Please help us to trust, believe and follow Jesus. Amen.
I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.Zechariah 3:9b
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ.2 Corinthians 1:20
Craft – Jesus said “I am…”
You can print off the template here. You’ll need something to colour with and a split pin to go through the middle and make it spin.
CRAFT – JESUS is my superhero
You can print off a colouring page here.