Matthew 16: Who do people say I am?
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from Zechariah in the Old Testament. In this lesson, we’ll see how Jesus is the King that God promised would come.
Listening to the Bible
Read: Matthew 16:13-26
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- Why couldn’t the blind man see who Jesus was?
- What did the blind man do after Jesus healed his eyes?
- Who did the people think Jesus was? Were they right or wrong?
- What amazing things did the disciples see Jesus do?
- How was Jesus able to do these things? (Hint: Think about who got it right!)
- Who is Jesus really? What does this mean for us?
- Bonus Question: What are some amazing things you have seen Jesus do? What are some ways we can say thank you to him?
Helping it Stick
I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.Zechariah 3:9b
You can find the printout here.