Genesis 6-9 – Noah and the Flood
Welcome to Term 2! In church, the grown ups are learning from the very first book of the Bible – Genesis – and so are we!
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member! Some of these questions will have sample answers at the bottom of the page.
- Have you ever felt angry before? What made you feel angry?
- Have you ever felt sad before? What made you feel sad?
- Have you ever made other people (like your parents or friends) sad or angry before?
- Why was God angry at the people of the Earth?
- Why did God save Noah?
- How many of each kind of animal went onto Noah’s boat?
- For how many days and nights did God make it rain?
- How many times did Noah send out the dove?
- What did God put into the sky, as a promise that he would never flood the Earth again?
Helping it stick
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”Romans 3:23
4. Because the people on Earth ignored God, and
5. God saved Noah because God chose to have mercy on him and loved him very much, and because Noah loved him more than the other people did. BUT this doesn’t mean he didn’t sin! Noah didn’t deserve to be saved by God, but only God’s mercy and love was why Noah was saved
6. 2 of each type of animal went into Noah’s boat
7. God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights
8. Noah sent out the dove 3 times. The first time it returned with nothing, the second time it returned with a branch in its mouth, and the third time it did not return
9. God put a rainbow into the sky to represent his promise that he would never flood the whole Earth again