Zechariah 5: The Sin Remover
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from Zechariah in the Old Testament.
Listening to the Bible
Read: Zechariah 5:1-6:8
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What does God hate?
- Why do people lie?
- In the New Testament (Acts 4:32-5:11), there are a couple of people, Ananias and Sapphira who lie and died. What does this show you about how God thinks about our lies?
- In Revelation 21:27 it says ‘no one who is a liar will enter into God’s new heaven.’ Why won’t Satan be in God’s new heaven?
- We’ve all told lies, does that mean God won’t let any of us into his heaven?
- Do you stop and think about how your lies make God feel?
- What can you do to stop lying?
- What do you need to do if you have lied?
Helping it Stick
Spend some time praying saying sorry for lies. Thank God that one day we will not have to fight against sin because God is going to remove it forever.
I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.Zechariah 3:9b
“God is a Holy God”