1 John 5:6-21 – So That You Know…
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- Why were Paul and Silas put in Jail?
- What did Paul and Silas do in Jail?
- What happened in the middle of the night?
- What did Paul and Silas tell him?
- How did the Jailer feel?
- What did Paul and Silas tell the Jailer?
- What words indicate that being saved is not an ‘if’ or a ‘maybe’ but a sure thing?
- Why did John write the letter of 1 John (see 1 John 5:13)
- If you believe in Jesus what do you have? (see 1 John 5:11-12)
- What do you think ‘life’ means here?
Helping it stick
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4
You can download a revision worksheet here.
You can download a memory verse worksheet here.