Zechariah 9: God’s Promised King
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from Zechariah in the Old Testament.
Listening to the Bible
Read: Zechariah 9:9-11
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What were the 4 things Gods promised King would be??
- What did Jesus ride into Jerusalem?
- Who did the disciples try to stop from coming to see Jesus? What did Jesus do?
- Why did Jesus die on the cross? Did he do anything wrong?
- How do we know that Jesus is Gods Promised King?
- If Jesus is our King, is he King everywhere we go? or only when we are at church?
- If Jesus is our King, is he our King allll the time? or only when we feel like listening to Him.
- If Jesus is our King, is he King over everything that we do and say? Or only some parts of our life?
If Jesus is King, he is the king over everything, we can’t have little parts of our lives that we keep for ourselves, we are supposed to follow him at all times, with our whole lives!
- How do we know how Jesus wants us to live?
- What should we do if we follow Jesus as our king?
- Are there friends of yours who aren’t Christians? Have you ever tried telling them about Jesus
- If people look at your life, can they tell that you are a follower of Jesus? What parts about following Jesus are difficult?
Helping it Stick
Thank God for sending Jesus to save us
Say sorry for our sins
Ask God to help us live for Jesus even when it’s difficult
Ask God about anything and everything else that you would like to!
I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.Zechariah 3:9b
Print out palm leaf and donkey sheets from here. 2 pegs (can replace with paddle-pop sticks or pipe cleaners or anything to act as the donkeys legs), scissors, glue, colouring pencils, additional personal decorative tools
- Colour in and decorate the donkey and palm leaf
- Cut out the donkey
- Clip on pegs for legs. If no pegs available, draw on legs or glue on popsicle stick or other ‘legs’ you can find
- Glue donkey onto palm leaf
Here’s a funky song about how Jesus Gods promised King was and is different to all the other Kings of the world, and is the King we need!
Ben Pakula – King like God