Genesis 16-18 – Sometimes GOd Says ‘Wait’
Welcome to Term 2! In church, the grown ups are learning from the very first book of the Bible – Genesis – and so are we!
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- How old was Abraham when God first gave him promises (Gen 12:4)?
- How old was Abraham when he finally received his promised baby son (Gen 21:5)?
- Why did God make Abraham wait so long?
- Satan will tell us lies to try to get us to give up on God and stop following Jesus. How can we fight his lies?
- What is God’s biggest and best promise to us?
- Why does God sometimes not answer our prayers straight away or give us what we want?
Helping it stick
Thank you that you are powerful and created everything. Thank you that you always keep your promises, and that nothing is impossible for you. Thank you that you are control over everything that happens, and that you know what is best for me and for my good. Help me to always trust you and depend on you. Please keep teaching me and growing me to love you more, making more like Jesus, and following you until I get to heaven.
In Jesus name, Amen.
” We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him.”Romans 8:28
Abraham is not the perfect godly super hero of the Bible. There is only one perfect man in the Bible – that’s right, Jesus! Only Jesus is the Super Saviour who save us.
Remember the Lord – no matter what happens, God is in control and it is for our good!
You can find the colouring in sheet here.