1 John 3:11-24; 4:7-5:5 – Brotherly Love
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What are some of the things the early church did together?
- We learnt that God loves us a lot! How do we know God loves us?
- Read Acts 2:42-47. What did the early Christians do together?
- Did the early Christians love each other? How do we know?
- We love others because God loves us so much. What are some ways you can love other people at our church? Get creative with your ideas J
- Pick a person or a family from our church you want to pray for. Pray for them now.
Helping it stick
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4