1 John 1:1-4 – How We KNow God
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Introduction Activity: Eyewitness Bingo
Listening to the Bible
(Apologies for audio sync issues)
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What are some things Jesus has done?
- What are some things Jesus has said?
- Who saw what Jesus said and did?
- How do we know what Jesus said and did?
- Why did they write it all down?
- Do you know God?
- How can you be sure you know God?
Answers at the bottom of the page.
Helping it stick
Encourage the children to thank God for Jesus’ disciples who told us what they saw, heard, and touched, so that we can know God too
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4
Printout can be found here.
Cut out and decorate the glasses or ears attached. Punch/cut out holes in the sides of the glasses, and tie two pieces of twine to make the glasses wearable
- Calmed a storm, water to wine, healed people, made people come back from the dead …
- He could forgive sins, if you believe in him, he will save you …
- Jesus’ followers and disciples
- Jesus’ followers and wrote down what he said and did
- So that we could know Jesus, so that we could know God