Zechariah 2: God’s precious People
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from Zechariah in the Old Testament.
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What is something that is precious to you?
- How would you feel if that precious thing was broken, or if you lost it?
- What is precious to God?
- Do we deserve to be part of God’s family?
- What do we deserve?
- What are some good things God has given us?
- What does it mean for us to be part of God’s family?
Helping it Stick
Fill in the blanks
God wants to bless his people. Here are some of the great things he has
- God ___________________ us to be his before he made the world.
- God _____________________ us into his family.
- God _____________________ us by sending his Son Jesus to die for us.
- God has _____________________ all our sin.
- God has given us his _____________________ so that we can follow him.
- God is making a _____________________ for us in heaven so that we can enjoy him forever.
What a great God! Missing words: Spirit, loved, chose, forgiven, place, adopted
You can download the craft printout here.
Cut out the cube net below and glue it together to form a cube. Print out the 6 coloured squares
below, and cut them into their 6 separate squares. Glue each square to each side of the cube. Roll
the cube, and give thanks and pray for whatever blessing it lands on.