Genesis 2-3 – Made to Rule
Welcome to Term 2! In church, the grown ups are learning from the very first book of the Bible – Genesis – and so are we!
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
- What was work like in the garden?
- What was work like outside the garden?
- Why did work become so hard?
- Will it always be this hard? What will happen in the future?
- What is the most important work we can do that God has given us? Why is it so important?
- Write down 3 friends you want to tell about Jesus. Discuss how you could do this.
(Answers to 1-5 at the bottom of the page)
Helping it stick
Thanks – Thank God for creating us, for sending Jesus to save us, and for rest and a new heaven and earth
Sorry – Say sorry for our sins
Please – Ask God to help us to do His work and to tell others about the good news of Jesus – particularly the 3 friends written down
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”Revelation 4:11
- Easy, seeds and fruit grew, no thorns, no pain, no fighting.
- Hard, painful and tiring, thorns and thistles grew instead of seeds and fruit, there was arguing and fighting.
- Work became so hard because of sin.
- No! One day Jesus will return and we can have rest in a new heaven and new earth.
- To tell people about Jesus. This work is eternal and turns people to Jesus so they can enter His rest as well.