1 John 2:12-17 – Not Like the World
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What are the two things we can choose to love?
- Can you love both the world and God? (V15)
- What does it mean to love ‘the world’
- What are some things that you know are wrong but keep doing?
- In v12-14, what are the reasons He is writing? Do we have the same things that the people he writes to have?
- What makes following Jesus so much better then following worldly desires? (V17)
Helping it stick
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4