1 John 1:5-2:11 – Walking in the Light
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Listening to the Bible
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- What does the book of 1 John say about God? Is there any darkness in him?
- Where does God want us to walk? What kind of darkness is he talking about?
- In the story, what did John and Mary do wrong? What was their sin?
- What did John and Mary do to fix the problem?
- How can we walk in the light with God and not in the darkness? What should we do when we do something wrong/sin?
Helping it stick
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4
Printout can be found here.