The Persistant Widow – Luke 18:1-8
Welcome to Term 4! This term we’re learning about prayer.
WARM UP QUESTION:
- Have you ever asked and asked and asked and asked for something and finally you got it?
Listening to the Bible
Read: Luke 18:1-8
The CEV version is probably the best for this week’s passage, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- Why did the woman in Jesus’ story keep on going to the judge?
- What sort of judge was he?
- Why did the judge do something to help her?
- What is God like?
- God is not unjust. So why did Jesus tell this story?
Think it through
- If we pray and God doesn’t answer our payer, does that mean he’s too busy, not powerful enough, angry at us, wants to punish us…? What does it mean?
- Will God give you everything you ask for? Why/Why not?
- What have you been asking God for?
- Is there something you’ve stopped praying to God about?
Helping it Stick
Dear God, thank you so much that you are a good and generous God who has given us everything in Jesus. Please help us to pray and never stop praying. Amen.
- Grab a piece of paper.
- On one side of the paper, draw or write things that you are thankful to God for.
- On the other side of the paper, draw or write things that you are asking God for.
GAME – sequence
Click on this link to take you to the Sequence the Pictures activity: https://puzzel.org/en/reorder/play?p=-MkvhUNToOZgxewEN2n4
17 Pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
Prayer Wheel (K-2)
Print and colour the prayer wheel here.
Prayer Wheel and Prayer Idea Cube (3-6)
Prayer wheel here.
Ideas to stick on the cube here (colour print).