1 Corinthians 13 – What Does Love Look Like?
Welcome to Term 3! This term we’re learning from 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13
Listening to the Bible
- What do you think love is?
- Who do you love?
- How do they know you love them?
The CEV version is probably the most accessible for children, if they are able to read for themselves. You can find it online here.
Make sure you discuss these questions with a family member!
- Which brother showed love? Which brother did not?
- What are the things God tells us we should do to show love? What things should we not do?
- What real things can we do to show love to other people?
- What real things can we do to show love to God?
Helping it stick
4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or 5 rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. 6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. 7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. 8 Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten1 Corinthians 13:4
You can download a craft printout here.