Due to the latest lock-down, instead of meeting together physically, Guildford Youth will be meeting online.
7-8pm every Friday night during the school term we will meet via Zoom video-conferencing. We have briefed our leaders about safe ministry measures and are putting precautions in place to ensure Guildford Youth is a safe place for kids. For more information, please contact us.
When we’re not locked down:
GY is our youth group that meets every Friday night during term time, from 7pm to 9pm. It is for high schoolers (and year 6).
We have a great time each week as we come together, play games, eat supper and learn from the Bible. Our aim is to grow up together in Jesus Christ. We have heaps of fun, but the most important thing for us is that we are learning more and more about Jesus.
We learn about what he has done for us on the cross, and how we can live for him. That is why we focus on hearing from the Bible and then think about how the Bible impacts on our lives. Doing this with friends is really important. We can support each other through whatever it is we are going through.
Every year we go away on a camp which is a really important time for our group to bond together and grow in our faith as we hear more about Jesus.
Here’s how we will run things and make sure we have a safe environment for our youth and leaders:
- Youth will be run from 7:00-9:00pm.
- We will spend our time in the hall and outside. These areas will be cleaned after we use them.
- We will record the contact details of those who attend to ensure effective contact tracing if transmission occurs.
- If you feel sick at all, please stay at home.
- We will enforce 1.5m spacing during our teaching and discussion times, and will strongly encourage and model it at other time.
- We will avoid games with physical contact, and will wipe down all balls and equipment used at the end of the night.
- Supper will be pre-packaged snacks, not on shared platters.
- Youth and leaders will sanitise their hands when they arrive and before they leave.
- We will discourage hugs, handshakes, high-fives and other physical greetings.
- If you have your own Bible and water bottle – please bring them!
We look forward to seeing you at Guildford Youth. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.